Friday, May 21, 2010

A Good Laugh-Arrgh Matey

Will's bedtime routine consists of bathtime, brush teeth, playing with Walker (usually jumping on or from the beds with a cape made out of hooded towels), books, prayers and then we tell him goodnight and leave the room so he goes to sleep on his own (unless we're feeling really sweet or tired and lay down with him). I went in to check on him last night and this is what I saw. I had to hold my mouth so I wouldn't laugh out loud. We had been to a pirate birthday party that afternoon and I guess he felt the need to go to sleep as a pirate. I wonder what he was thinking as he was going to sleep. He gets really hot when he sleeps and he wants to be like daddy sometimes so he sleeps with his shirt off. ;) I just love how my boys want to be like their daddy.
 

 

After the boys were in bed, Len looked out the window and saw three deer in our backyard. We've seen them before, but for some reason I'm always in awe that there are deer behind our house. We don't live in the country and there is a small section of woods behind our house so I'm not sure if they live in there or just come over sometimes. I tried taking a picture through the window so that's why it's blurry, but there were three and they stared up at me everytime the flash went off.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Candie Bowen said...

That's hilarious! Brody refuses to sleep in a shirt now also. He says he gets hot, but I think he wants to be just like his daddy! Cute picture!