Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hand, foot and mouth disease

I'm sorry for the lack of posts. I left my camera in Montgomery when we went down there last week to visit so I couldn't post any pictures. It has not been a happy time at the Adcock house this week. Will started running a fever when we got home from church on Sunday. He has refused to eat or drink hardly anything. We couldn't figure out what was wrong with him because he only had a fever. He didn't have a cold and he's already gotten his four molars so we just thougth it was a fever virus. We went to Dr. Myer's today for Will's 15 month well visit and guess what he has? Hand, foot and mouth disease. It sounds worse than it is. It's just a virus and of course there's nothing we can do except be miserable for the next week. He has sores in the back of his throat and they hurt really bad. I feel so bad for him. He is just so whiny and miserable. I'm trying to figure out where he could have possible gotten it. No one at his daycare has gotten it. I think he should be better in the next couple of days. There's nothing worse than a sick baby. It is NOT fun. Will didn't get sick very much as a baby so we're just not used to it. Here are his 15 month stats. He weighed 25 1/2 lbs. and was 32 inches long. I can't remember what his head was but it was in the same percentile range as everything else. He is a growing boy! He's gained a pound and has grown an inch and a half in three months! My mom is mailing my camera to me so I will post a few pictures when I get it. Have a great week!

No comments: