Monday, August 13, 2007

The one weekend that my husband goes out of town

and I locked Will in the car without it running in the 100 degree heat. This has been a crazy weekend. I don't have any new pictures to post but I just had to write about my weekend so I can look back on it one day and laugh. Len went to Charlotte this weekend to be in a wedding and Will and I couldn't go because I just started school and I had inservice and couldn't miss it. When I got home on Friday, I got everything out of the car and put my keys in my purse and shut the door and tried to open the back door to get Will out. All of the doors were locked and I panicked! I called Len and asked him where the other key was and he had it on his keyring. I have NEVER done this before and the one weekend this happens, Len is out of town. I ran over to get my neighbor and he came over with his family and then I called 911. The police officer came over within minutes, siren going and told me that there was nothing he could really do. The locksmith was stuck in traffic and it would take him almost 45 minutes to get there so I started crying. My neighbor and the policeman tried to get in the car but couldn't so he had to bust the window out. I was on the other side with my neighbor's wife and daughter trying to get Will to close his eyes so the glass wouldn't spray on him. My neighbor cut his hand really bad when he busted the window and I felt so bad! Will was sweating so bad and starting to cry but you should have seen the look on his face when the window broke. He looked so shocked but needless to say, I didn't care how much it cost, I just wanted my baby out of that car! After I got Will to bed, I spent forever vaccuming up all the glass. I didn't realize how much glass is involved in a broken car window! Oh, what a night! We couldn't go anywhere all weekend because of the broken window and then Saturday afternoon, Will came down with fever, which he had on and off all day Sunday. He is perfectly fine today and went to Miss Teresa's. She said he was fine. School started today so summer fun as we know it is over. I have to go every day the first week but I will be back to part time next week and then we are off to the beach! I think we are going to have a good class this year and my goal is to stay positive! I will post some pictures of our beach trip when we get back. Have a great week and thanks for listening/reading my sob story about the weekend. Our life never seems to be boring!

17 comments:

LB said...

Christine,
I just found your blog for the first time! I am so sorry about what happened . . . at least Will was ok! I can't wait to see what happens next in your life! :) I've missed seeing you lately. Good luck at school this week!

Blessed said...

CRAZY. I always worry that I will do that. Especially scary now that the heat is so bad! Glad he is OK!

Leah said...

Christine, I'm a friend of Allison's and I frequent your blog! I'm so glad Will is ok. I know that must have been incredibly scary!

Courtney said...

You POOR THING! I would have panicked too! I am glad you had good neighbors to help you out! I can't believe the police officer didn't bust the window...

Angie said...

You poor thing! I know that must have scared you to death! I'm glad you were able to get Will out as quickly as you did. Good luck with the new school year. A new class is always a little stressful. I hope everything goes well.

caroline G said...

Oh! That sounds HORRIBLE!!! Glad that it turned out ok. Sounds like you have a really good neighbor!

Julie said...

I thought about you all weekend! I'm glad you like your class, and most of all that you are getting a beach break!

Jennifer said...

On my goodness! I am so glad that Will is ok!! Thanks goodness for such a wonderfull neighbor! I hope that school continues to go well. Have a great time at the beach! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Sara Jo said...

We locked the keys in the car with the kids in it at a rest stop on our way back from our 4th of July NC trip. So I understand how frantic you must have felt. Glad it all turned out okay.

The Parker Family said...

I am so glad that you and Will are okay...that is one of my biggest fears. I am so paranoid that sometimes I roll down the window when I get out of the car so it won't happen. I look forward to seeing you soon. It seems like forever even though it is only been about a week and a half. Good luck with school.

Rachel said...

I'm always paranoid I'm going to do that. I'm glad Will is okay!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad your neighbor was home to help you out. That's so scary! Thank goodness for cell phones too!

Dee-Dee said...

Oh my goodness! I would have completely freaked, too. I am so glad he is OK. You are right, as long as your baby is OK who cares about the window. That is so scary in this heat. I am worried to death about doing that myself...

Anonymous said...

Wow Christine, I didn't realize you had to call the police and all the rest of the drama! Sorry I wasn't home to help. I saw on TV where you can break a car windown with by hitting it with a screw driver down in the bottom corner. Tell how Kim broke the windown so others will know if they are ever in that situation.

And I'm so glad Will is fine. You've had a rough couple of weeks!

Marcy:)

Segadi Family said...

That just about made me cry- I can't imagine how you must have felt! I'm so glad he's ok and I hope you guys have a great time at the beach!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like something that I would manage to do, especially the part about it happening while your husband was out of town. Glad you all survived. Makes you thankful for the uneventful days, huh??

Candie Bowen said...

Sorry to hear about your ordeal! We've done that to Brody twice now. FYI- there's a place in Nolensville that can unlock cars quickly! I hope you all are having fun at the beach. I can't wait to see pix!