Monday, June 22, 2009

Lake

~LOTS OF NEW POSTS BELOW~ Playing catch up with the blog!

Last weekend we went to the lake with Matthew and Heather, Lance and Carrie and the kids. We went to Matthew's parents new lake house and it is SO beautiful!! Melinda did a fabulous job picking out everything for the house. I could just live at the lake. I grew up going alot with friends from Montgomery and my aunt and uncle live on the lake so I always enjoy everything about it. I love the sounds, the smells, the wind blowing on my face in the boat, relaxing and just everything about it. No computer, internet, cell phones or TV made for a very relaxing time just focusing on friends and family and enjoying being together. We grilled steaks, made waffles on the waffle iron, had a picnic on the boat (thanks Carrie), ate more, napped, played on the deck, soaked in the sun and had a blast. The boys LOVED the water and playing with each other.
 

 

Walker loves the water. He is such a water baby. He loved being on his back and when I told him to kick, he would just kick his little legs and go back. It was one of those moments that I will put in my memory forever. I can't explain it or describe it, I just know that I will always remember the way he kicked when I said kick, kick, kick. I love my boys so much it hurts.
 

I decided to return to my adventurous side and go tubing (insert sarcasm) HA! I have become such an old fogie since becoming a mom and I'm not quite as daring as I used to be. Two torn ACL's and I DO NOT want to go through that again so I'm a little hestitant to do things that might bring on an injury. Matthew drove slow at my request and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Heather and I just talked and talked the whole time we were riding.
 

Thank you McInteers for a wonderful weekend full of fun!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Heather B Mc said...

we had so much fun with y'all. everyone can not handle a long weekend at the lake but y'all are lake people for sure. Thanks for putting all the pics on shfly for me.

Angie said...

I love the way you said you'd put that in your memory forever-- I LOVE those kinds of moments!

LB said...

What a fun weekend! I love how relaxed Walker is in the water! Fun times!

Dee-Dee said...

That looks like so much fun! I love all of the pictures, especially the babies sleeping on the boat - too cute. Glad to see all of the updates on those precious boys. They are so handsome!

lyla said...

love all your pictures--i saw your comment you left me. i would be more than happy to help you with furniture if you ever need help. or if you have questions about what to use, how to do it, etc. just call me or email me--bamalyla@bellsouth.net. you're so sweet--i would be embarrassed to put a how-to on my blog about it.