My poor friend Heather was one of the not so fortunate who was affected by the Nashville Flood of 2010. They were out of town and Matthew came home to find that their basement was under 7 feet of water. Their basement was used as an attic of sorts and everything was stored down there from wedding gifts, memorabilia, children's toys and tubs of clothes, a fridge, hot water heater and all of the wiring to their power, heat and air. Everything was completely submerged and it took tons of work to get everything cleaned. They lost priceless memory books and pictures. We wanted to do our part to help, yet it's hard to do physical labor when you have small kids. We had our first friend sleepover and had SO much fun. These are the only pictures I took, but the boys got along great and had a fun time. I will say that I don't know how people with multiples do it ALL. Whew, I was exhausted and they were only here for around 20 hours. Heather is one of my best friends, who would do ANYTHING for me and knows my deep dark secrets and still loves me through the good and bad. It's so comforting to have a friend like that. The type of friend who cares about you and your family, would keep your kids in a heartbeat without complaining, and is loyal. It's hard to find and keep a friend like that and I'm so thankful for her, so I wanted to help her out. If you think about it, please say a little prayer for Heather and Matthew. They have been through a stressful year and she always has such a positive outlook on life. She has a broken back and you would never even know it! She is the one with the etsy shop and her clothes are SO cute. It would help her out so much if you could support her shop. She can make anything you have in mind and is currently making a cute outfit for Will's 5th birthday and a coordinating one for Will and Walker for the 4th of July. Do you have a Heather in your life?? I'm glad I do :-)
Thursday, May 20, 2010
First Spend the Night Party and the Flood
My poor friend Heather was one of the not so fortunate who was affected by the Nashville Flood of 2010. They were out of town and Matthew came home to find that their basement was under 7 feet of water. Their basement was used as an attic of sorts and everything was stored down there from wedding gifts, memorabilia, children's toys and tubs of clothes, a fridge, hot water heater and all of the wiring to their power, heat and air. Everything was completely submerged and it took tons of work to get everything cleaned. They lost priceless memory books and pictures. We wanted to do our part to help, yet it's hard to do physical labor when you have small kids. We had our first friend sleepover and had SO much fun. These are the only pictures I took, but the boys got along great and had a fun time. I will say that I don't know how people with multiples do it ALL. Whew, I was exhausted and they were only here for around 20 hours. Heather is one of my best friends, who would do ANYTHING for me and knows my deep dark secrets and still loves me through the good and bad. It's so comforting to have a friend like that. The type of friend who cares about you and your family, would keep your kids in a heartbeat without complaining, and is loyal. It's hard to find and keep a friend like that and I'm so thankful for her, so I wanted to help her out. If you think about it, please say a little prayer for Heather and Matthew. They have been through a stressful year and she always has such a positive outlook on life. She has a broken back and you would never even know it! She is the one with the etsy shop and her clothes are SO cute. It would help her out so much if you could support her shop. She can make anything you have in mind and is currently making a cute outfit for Will's 5th birthday and a coordinating one for Will and Walker for the 4th of July. Do you have a Heather in your life?? I'm glad I do :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Christine that was so sweet. A friend is someone who knows you and loves you just them same. Thanks for being that for me!!!! I know those 4 boys are a lot to handle. Thanks for taking my two and always being willing to help us out. Lots of love!
So sweet! I have a "Heather", too- Heather Brandt! Glad you had a great week without kids! Your closets look great- I may need to hire you for my business!:)
Post a Comment