Friday, April 08, 2011

Len's 32nd Birthday

We have a tradition in our house to make a birthday banner for whoever's birthday it is. It's so fun to come up with new ideas and the boys love to help come up with the design. In the past we have just used butcher paper to color on and cut out the letters for our message, but this time we decided to step it up a notch and add balloons. The boys had a BALL trying to blow up the balloons and help tie them to the string. They made cards and couldn't wait to suprise daddy with his decorations on Saturday morning. Call me wife of the year because it was our spring break that week and I didn't look at the calendar. I had it in my mind that Len's birthday was on a Saturday. On Friday morning, Len woke up and went about his normal routine and went to work. After getting everyone settled, I logged in to Facebook to see a bunch of "happy birthday Len" messages on my wall. My stomach dropped and I felt terrible and he never said one word to me about it. He's just sweet like that. Hopefully we made up for it with his decorations and we brought him breakfast in bed on Saturday morning. We decided to just act like Saturday was his birthday all along.



These boys LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their daddy. Their favorite game is "fight." I can't tell you how many times a day I hear, "wet's pway fight daddy, come on wet's pway fight" and they all pile on top of each other and tackle Len. He's making them tough little boys ;)

No comments: