I worked Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I'm enjoying my job and getting used to being back in the real world. I was worried all summer about leaving Will and how I would handle it but it has worked out so well. The Lord has really blessed us and I'm happy to be able to work. Will has done a great job with the babysitter. (Miss Theresa) She has been such an answer to our prayers and I'm so thankful that I don't have to worry about him when I'm at work. We had a milestone on Thursday when he didn't cry when I dropped him off! YEA! That makes us feel good. It has been a little bit of an adjustment though because he takes a short nap while he's at Miss Theresas and now he refuses to take an afternoon nap so that has made for one cranky baby in the afternoon. Hopefully we will figure something out. Everyday is a new challenge with our little Toddler. Will was a great baby. I couldn't have asked for a more laid back, happy baby, but since he has turned one, he has started throwing these huge fits and screaming at the top of his lungs. Len and I just don't know what to do. I've talked to several people about it and they say that it's normal for a toddler to do this. He wants to communicate so bad, but he just gets frustrated when he can't tell us what he wants so he just screams these high pitch screams. Whew, it must be rough for him, but sometimes it's harder on his daddy who gets a little frustrated with the screams.
We had our good friends Matthew, Heather and baby Brooks over for dinner Friday night. Heather is one of my best friends from college and even though we both live in Nashville, it's hard to get together. There's just something about being in the company of an old friend. We had a great time together. Here is a picture of Heather, Brooks, me and Will. Brooks is 5 1/2 months old. I know Brooks and Will are going to be great friends one day.

We sat Will and Brooks on the couch to take pictures and of course Brooks just smiled and smiled but it is really hard to get a 14 month old to sit still and take a picture. He tried to hold Brooks' hand and then he put his hand in his mouth and we thought it was really cute until he bit Brooks. He left teeth marks. This is the before picture.

This is after the bite. Brooks shed a few tears over this and I felt pretty bad!

Our friends Craig and Candie Bowen invited us over to watch the Alabama game on Saturday night. They have a little boy named Brodie who is two and half months older than Will and Chad and Laura Beth High came over with their 17 month old little boy Lawton. The boys had a good time together. Here are a few pictures of them eating in their booster seats and then later when they had their pajamas on. Will did NOT want to have his picture taken as you can see!


Have a wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment