Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Where have the naps gone?

We are going through a bit of a crisis with the naps. Will has refused to take a nap the last two days. We've tried rocking, singing, letting him cry it out and driving in the car and nothing works. Len took him outside around 5 last night and he was pulling him in his wagon. He said he was laughing one minute and then he turned around to look at him and he had fallen asleep sitting up in the wagon! Len thought this was really funny. We layed him down in our bed since for some reason, he acts like his bed has thorns growing through the mattress. He sleeps fine in there at night but he hates his bed during the day. After about an hour I started worrying that he wouldn't go to bed if we didn't wake him up so I tried to wake him up and he just couldn't do it. Here is a picture of him falling asleep on my leg.



After about thirty minutes my leg couldn't take it anymore and we got him to wake up and he was happy!


Will and Sam
For those of you that don't know, I took a year of maternity leave from Brookmeade. When I decided to go back to work, I wanted to work part time and in Nashville, you can share a teaching position. I work Thursday, Friday and every other Wednesday. It has worked out so well. I'm teaching 2nd grade at a new school and it is much closer to our house than Brookmeade was. I miss my friends at Brookmeade, but I've already been away for a year so it hasn't been as hard to leave. I love my jobshare partner. We have so much in common, get along great and work well together. She is super organized and it's helping me!!! She has a little boy who is 3 months younger than Will. We had a fall festival at our school on Saturday and the boys played together. Will was running around and getting into everything, including the janitor's mop bucket so I decided that was all I could handle and we left early.


Just a few fun pictures. Will loves to tackle and chase Len.

We were watching Finding Neverland and for some reason, Will was fascinated with it. He sat down (which he never does these days) and just stared at the TV.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hey Christine! I am so glad to know your blog address. Brooke said you had one and I tried to search for it but couldn't find it! Will is precious! You have such a cute family! Our little Will will be here soon, only a few more weeks of bedrest thank goodness! We will all have to catch up next time we are in Nashville! We can't wait to move back there! So good to hear from you!

Courtney