Monday, April 30, 2007

First Flower

I just have to share this because it was so sweet. For some reason, since I've wanted to be a mom since I was a little girl, I have always dreamed of my little boy bringing me a flower that he picked all by himself without prompting. Well, today that came true, and I never would have thought this before but I now see the beauty in the little flowers that come from the clover clumps in the yard. (You know the ones that we all used to make necklaces with when we were little). I was sitting on the front porch and Will walked into our neighbor's yard and picked a flower and brought it to me. It made me melt. I said, "Thank you, that is sooooo pretty!" and he went back and got another one to give me. Pretty soon, I had a bouquet of 5 or 6 little white clover flowers and they were the prettiest flowers I've seen. I tried to take a few pictures of him holding the bouquet but I haven't uploaded them yet so I will post them when I can find the time.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your right, it is so sweet when they bring you little flowers. There eyes are so big and bright and they are so proud and excited that "they " picked that flower just for you! It makes me smile just thinking about how sweet these little boys are!

The Hadfields said...

That is so sweet.

Dee-Dee said...

That is so stinkin' sweet. I hope Beau does that for me someday! I'm sure at that moment he could have had anything he could ever think to ask for!