Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Prayers for my brother

This is an old picture but the only one I could find at the moment.

My brother leaves today on his third deployment in three years. He was deployed to Iraq the first two times and now he is going on a ship for six or seven months. Please try to pray for him everyday if you can. It is so hard on my family and we are worried about him everyday. This time it won't be as dangerous but your prayers are still needed. His name is Edward Donahoo and I'm so proud of him. He made a suprising decision to attend the Navel Academy for college and did very well. If you go to the Navel Academy your tuition is paid for and you have to serve in the military for five years after graduation. We never dreamed there would be a war, especially lasting as long as it has. He has done such a good job. He is a 1st Lieutenant and he has been such an awesome leader. He has received many accolades from his superior officers and I'm so proud of my baby brother. He will always be my baby brother to me even though he is 26! Here is the email he wrote to my parents with information on his deployment.

My new email on the ship will be donahooej@denver.usmc.mil We have
about a month in transit accross the pacific so I would love to get an email
from you. My new address will be:
1stLt Donahoo, Edward J.
CLB13 Det B
Unit 42331
FPO AP 96610-2331
Hope everyone is doing well. We will be in the Pacific for the next 6 months acting as a kind of police force. We know that we stop in Thailand, Singapore, Kuwait, and Hawaii on the way back. Other than that, we don't really know. Things can always change too. I hope to see everyone in 6-7 months.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I can't imagine having a family member in the military at this time. I know that has to be so hard on you guys. I will definitely keep your brother in my prayers. I know they grow up, but they are always our "little brothers." I hope the 6-7 months pass very quickly.

the robertsons said...

I know you must be so proud of him. It sounds like your "baby brother" has really turned into a good man. Justin and I will pray for your brother and family!

Rachel said...

We'll be praying for him.

Jennifer said...

Hope that everything turns out well with your brother. We will be praying for him and your family!!

Julie said...

I had no idea when I talked to you today that he was leaving again--We will be praying for him and your family--I'd love to send him a care package--what would he want/can he have?

Sara Jo said...

Having two "little brothers", I can only imagine how hard this is on you and your family. I am so thankful for men like your brother who are willing to defend our freedom. We will be praying for his safety and speedy return!

Dee-Dee said...

God bless your brother as well as you and your family. We so often take for granted these young men and women who are defending our country and our freedom. We will be praying for his safety. He is a handsome little brother...I have a cute sister-in-law...haha...

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

My prayers will be with him and your family. None of my close family are in the military, so it's hard for me to imagine how hard it would be to know a loved one is such dangerous places. I pray that he will be safe.