Friday, April 04, 2008

The Countdown is ON!!

Only 16 days until Walker arrives... I just have to say that I am so thankful for the wonderful friends and family in my life!   They are so generous and caring.  Thanks to my Bunco Friends and Dinner Group friends for the mini showers.  You are all so generous!!!  I picked up Will one day last week and Theresa surprised me with the most adorable diaper cake that her daughter, Lauren had made.  It had all kinds of wonderful baby goodies on it and I still have it perfectly in place because it's so cute.  My mom and sister are getting me a double stroller.  We are looking at the Joovy sit and stand.  If anyone has any advice on double strollers that will carry a Graco car seat and a toddler, let me know.  I would love to know what worked for you.   I have a Chicco side by side but it doesn't hold a carrier and I'm really going to be needing that for the pool this summer.
Today, I had one of the best surprises of all because it came from my sweet little 2nd graders.  Katie, my job share partner had told me that I had to work today (we had talked about switching days) and I didn't ask why and she didn't offer an explanation.  I just assumed she had planned something, well... when I got to school on Monday she had an invitation for a Diaper Drop for me at our school for next Friday so I just assumed she had gotten the dates mixed up.  Somehow we let snooze go on and on today and I didn't get up until 6:45 ( I leave the house at 7:10) and I was running terribly late and I didn't have time for a shower so I asked Will if he wanted to come to school with me today (Theresa lives less than a mile from my school and my planning time is at 9:10 so I thought it would be fun).  I wish I would have had my video camera.  It was hilarious.  I have never seen a child so excited to be at school with his mom and he didn't stop running around my classroom for the whole hour.  I'm getting off the subject but anyways after lunch today I was bringing my class back and I walk in and Katie was there and so were 4 moms with a cake, Target giftcard for a very nice amount, and a few other gifts including one for Will.  It was so sweet and I was so surprised.  I couldn't believe that my 19 little second graders kept it a secret!!!
On another note, Will just wore himself out this week.  He is asleep in his carseat in the garage right now and has been since we left Theresa's over an hour ago.  We went to eat with Grandma Nancy last night and she treated us to Cheesecake Factory and then bought Will and Walker a few fun things at PB Kids.  We didn't get home until 9 and Will threw a huge fit to take a bath with his new hermit crab and fish from PB Kids.  I just had to let him because I knew he had pictured himself taking a bath with them the whole way home.  He is so busy these days and just so excited about the baby coming.  I wish I knew what he was thinking and if he really understands what life is going to be like with another little boy around.  I don't think any of us really understands what life is going to be like!!! 

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun!! That is dsosweet of your little second graders!! What a great job sharing teacher to plan a mini party for you! Anyways, best of luck and we will be thinking of you!!
BYW, we have a sit and stand from first step ahead and it is great. I am pretty sure that it will work with a Graco carrier (I had a peg prego carrier so I am not 100% sure of the Graco carseat).

Dee-Dee said...

I am glad you are having such a good time. I am very excited for you guys!

Julie said...

How sweet! What a blessing for those little 2nd graders to have such great teacher. That was great for Will to get to be there.
*I love my Joovy!

McCullough Family said...

Hi!

I check out your blog through Sara Jo's...we are excited for your upcoming arrival. If you need anything, please let us know!

Alaina, Phillip and Ellen

Courtney said...

That is so exciting!!! I can't believe you are so close to delivering! Sounds like you are staying busy and have some really great friends:) Can't wait to see pics of little Walker!!!

Candie Bowen said...

How exciting! That is so sweet of your class to surprise you!

Blessed said...

Good luck, Christine. I'll be thinking of you in the next few weeks and can't wait for a baby update! :)

The Parker Family said...

How fun! Jackson loves going to my mom's school. It is such an adventure for kids their age. I have the Graco duo glider and love it. I like being able to strap both of them in.

The Byrd Family said...

Sounds like fun and busy times! We actually have the Joovy sit and stand....we LOVE it! Aden loves having a choice to sit or stand and it was great to strap a baby seat in when needed, and now Austin does great up front! Highly reccommended! :)

kma said...

You are going to love...TWO!! Rest while you can! Kelly

kma said...

Check out Will on our blog! Party day was fun! Kelly

P said...

You look like you're doing great! I'm excited for your new addition. I ran into your dad at church on Sunday while I was in Montgomery and he was telling me that it will be very soon. Congrats!

Take care, Paige

Amy Maze said...

Hey Christine! So glad to know I have a fellow blogging teacher at school! Your blog looks adorable!
See ya around!
Amy