Wednesday, April 23, 2008

In Love with Walker


We are in love with sweet baby Walker.  He is the most beautiful baby and we feel so blessed that God has given us another healthy baby boy.  I was so worried about loving another as much as I love Will and it was just instant.  We got home yesterday and the house is so quiet without Will.  I sure am missing him.  He is going to come back to Nashville with my dad tomorrow.  He was going to stay with my sister until Sunday but I thought it would be best for him to come on home and give Allison a break for a few days.  She is coming back on Sunday for a few days.  Allison asked Will if he wanted to go home and see his mama and daddy or stay with her and he said, "stay with aunt aisson"  That's what he calls her.  Walker is nursing and sleeping great.  He had a good night last night.  I'm doing much better.  My c-section was so much easier this time.  The only thing I wasn't prepared for was the MASSIVE swelling I would have after the surgery.  I think I gained 10 lbs of fluid after he was born but that is slowly getting better.  Dr. Myers wanted us to bring Walker in for a weight check on Thursday so I'm anxious to see how much weight he has put on.  He got down to 6 lbs 10 oz. in the hospital.  I just want him to stay tiny forever because I know how fast he will grow.  Thank you for all your prayers and sweet comments and for coming to see us in the hospital.  His birth was so special and we are so glad we got to share it with our family and friends.




8 comments:

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is adorable, Christine!

Joni said...

Sweet baby! Enjoy every minute of it!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! It makes me want to jump in the car now and come up there! You are right, his mouth looks just like Will's. Ann Welch doesn't want Will to leave, she cries every time I tell her he is leaving tomorrow.

Courtney said...

He is so sweet! I think he looks like your husband!!! Congrats again!

Angie said...

Congratulations! Your new family of 4 is beautiful!

The Parker Family said...

Walker is soooo precious. I am glad you are feeling better. Get some rest before Will comes home.

Candie Bowen said...

He is so sweet! I'm glad you are enjoying it all!

Amy Maze said...

I know you are now super busy, but since your blog is the newest on my list I tagged you on my blog. You don't have to do it but it's kinda fun. Walker is adorable!

Hope you're having a great week. amy