Saturday, April 28, 2007

Patience

Do you ever lose your patience with your child? When it comes to Will I've discovered that I have a great deal of patience with him. I'm usually able to have patience during the tantrums and crying but today I completely lost it with him. I feel so guilty and wonder if he was thinking, "Who kidnapped my mommy and traded her with this terrible mean one?" We were getting ready to go to a birthday party and I was running late and I hate being late. It stresses me out. I was trying to get him dressed in his cute little birthday jon jon and he would have no part in it. He did NOT want to wear it and fought me with every ounce of strength he had. I was determined to get this outfit on him and I did, but not without treating him in a way I shouldn't have. I feel so guilty getting so upset over a stupid little outfit.
I guess the days of dressing him like a baby are getting few and far between. Getting him dressed for church in his smocked outfits is becoming a hassle. Who knew a 21 month old would have such an opinion about what he's wearing?
He got over it quickly and loved on me and smiled again, but I still feel so guilty for losing my cool. I know it's going to happen again, but hopefully after the guilt I feel, I will handle the situation differently next time. It's good to know that at this age, your children will still love you, no matter what happens.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Christine- My ultrasound didn't show anything either. Email me at darenandrachel@bellsouth.net and I'll give you all the details!

Heather B Mc said...

You are a great mom!!!!!!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

yes you are! we all have those moments...

Courtney said...

I agree with the other girls! We all have our moments! Don't be so hard on yourself:)

Jennifer said...

Will sounds completely like Cooper right now! He HATES to put on any clothes!!! It is such a battle! I think it is the age!! I too usually have patience with Cooper, but there are those days when I just loose it! I feel horrible, but it doesn't seem to bother Cooper very much! Thanks goodness they are so sweet and forgiving at this age!!

caroline G said...

Hi Christine!! So good to hear from you! We are having a great time in Birmingham. It is amazing how many people you reconnect with throught the world of the blog!!

Hope to hear from you again soon!

caroline G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dee-Dee said...

Don't sweat it. You are a wonderful mommy. We all loose our cool at times, especially with kids:) I could give you a few examples if it would make you feel better...