Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Day 3

Day 3 has not been the greatest.  I really can't complain but he did so well the first two days that I thought he would do okay today.  Len woke up in the middle of the night with a stomach virus so that added to the drama!  We still can't get Will to take his pain medicine and he was crying alot today because his throat hurt so bad.  He spits his medicine out including the antibiotic.  I've been trying all kinds of ways to get him to take his meds.  I mixed them in ice cream, forced it down his throat, mixed it in his drink and nothing seems to work.  I even bought the chewable Tylenol and put it in a pack of those little Valentines hearts and that worked but now I'm out of that candy.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

9 comments:

Adcock Circus said...

maybe if the valentine candy worked --- smarties would work, i think you can get them at the drug store or walmart. Hope the weekend is better.

Joni said...

Quick thinking. I have always had this problem with Reesi and I never found a good solution. I feel your pain!

Lara said...

have tried put the med in coke or an icee? Judson really needed his med so I'm sure Will is in a lot pain without it. Do you think he would take a chewable better? I am sure they make it in one. Good Luck! Day 5-9 are kinda hard when the healing begins. Call me if you need anything!

Angie said...

Poor Will... and you! I know it's hard watching him hurt and worrying about the medicine. The valentine candy was a great idea. I hope you're able to get it down him soon. (I have no creative ideas on that one.)

The Byrd Family said...

Poor little Will! And I'm so sorry that Len is sick! :( You have probably already tried this, but I have heard that plain chocolate syrup will hide the taste of most meds.??? Of course, chocolate...may make him hyper, but at least he may take the med.! Good Luck!!

Sara Jo said...

Chocolate syrup works for our kids! Good luck! Let us know if you need anything.

Lauren W said...

Christine- Oh my goodness! What a fun surprise. It is so nice to hear from you. Your boys are adorable. I have loved looking through your blog. You look absolutely beautiful and I cannot believe you look like that only a few months after having a baby and raising a toddler. I am so glad that I can keep up with you now. Congrats on such a wonderful family.
-Lauren

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

I'm so sorry! I hope that he's feeling better soon!

lyla said...

poor little thing! i haven't checked in on you guys in a while, i guess! i am so sorry will had to have that done, but i'm sure you will be so glad that it's over with and that you did it. i had mine done in december. day 3 is the worst--poor little guy. my dr had tetracaine lollipops made for me at a pharmacy in lebanon--they were a lifesaver! grape flavored--just let them dissolve a little bit on the back of the tongue and they make it all go numb. you could ask your dr or pharmacist about them. i got by on those and no pain medicine at all. good luck!