Saturday, September 20, 2008

Eventful Week

Walker is swinging in style.
Playing outside, Will's favorite place to be.
Eating dinner at the Calendines.
Heather and Cash, Me and Walker, Laura and Colton at the Calendines.

We have had an eventful week.  I feel like I have been the biggest slacker in going to the Y, but we have been to the doctor three different times.  Will, for a rash and cough.  He had to be put on an antibiotic, steroid and cream for the rash, I went to the dermatologist for a checkup and then had to take Walker to the doctor on Friday because he had been running fever for three days and I wanted to rule out an ear infection.  Of course, the pediatrician said it was just a fever virus.  
We have spent a lot of time at the park this week because the weather has been so beautiful.  We even had a picnic in our front yard.  Some days I feel like I just have to get out of the house and I need some adult interaction, but this week has been one of those where I just love being at home with my boys and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Will has memory verse each week and they are learning about creation and the bible verse was "In the beginning, God created the heaven and earth." According to Will, God created the heaven and the boys.  That gave me a good laugh.  I was laying down with him for his nap today and he said, mommy, we have to say our prayer.  We always say it at night but we never say one before nap, but it was the sweetest little prayer a boy could say and it made me feel so good.  I was looking at him on the way to a party tonight and he just looked so beautiful to me and we were singing Veggie Tales together  and I just wanted to take a picture of him in my mind, just the way he looked in the car and remember it forever.  I was talking to the old man at the doctor's office the other day and he told me that I need to enjoy this time because one day I will look back and ache to have my babies young again.  Sometimes I get so frustrated with Will when he won't mind or won't keep his hands to himself, but I'm working on really trying to enjoy him for the little things he does and not get so caught up in having the most perfectly behaved child, because one day he will be grown and I will forget about the little frustrations.  I'm sorry, I know this is cheesy but this is  how I feel.
We had a great weekend.  It was busy but fun.  Will did great in his soccer game today.  I was so proud of him.  He usually spends the whole time growling at the other team but for some reason he was focused today.  I don't care if he scores a goal for the other team or not, I'm still proud of him!

1 comment:

Angie said...

This made me tear up! It's so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day "junk" and forget to really enjoy our kids. That was very wise advise from the man in the doctor's office!