Sunday, August 16, 2009

Will's Big Boy Room

Here is the final product. I'm pretty happy with it. His furniture is all painted black except for the iron bed, which was mine and I just didn't want to paint it black. I thought it might look too strong. I bought the little red letters at Joann's and painted them red and distressed them on the edges to look worn. The whole ensemble looks a little funny in the pictures b/c it is centered away from the light switch but it looks okay in person. I still have to find a picture to put in the frame between the letters and the coat rack. I'm still not 100% loving that look, but it will do for now. I found the Pottery Barn panels at a consigment sale for $5 a piece and they matched his bedding perfectly!! I just found a HUGE world map (from my old teaching stash) and it is made especially for children and I'm going to put that on the other wall after I get it framed and lamenated. I forgot to take a picture of the shelf above his closet. Len made this shelf after seeing the ones his brother made for his nephews. We painted it black and put all of his momentos and things from his nursery above it. They are all very sentimental to me. I'll try to remember to take a picture of that and post it as well. It feels good to have a complete room after so long!
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mindy said...

His Room Looks GREAT!! Love it.

LB said...

You did a great job on his room! I love your paintings! And, ummm . . . Walker? I'm just tired looking at all your pictures of him climbing! He's a cutie though! Hope you had fun at the pool today!

Dee-Dee said...

His room looks sweet! Great job on the paintings. I'm impressed!
I love all of the new pictures. Walker is hilarious - all over the place! That is exactly how Beau was at that age. Happy belated birthday to Will. It looks like they had a blast at his party!

Lauren W said...

It looks great, Christine!!

lyla said...

love his little paintings you did! you are a woman after my own heart--copying something so you don't have to buy it!!! his room is precious :)

The Claunch Family said...

His room looks so cute! I love seeing how creative people (other than me!) can be. You did such a great job!

apc24_13_21 said...

Love the big boy room!