Today was our first game for the yellow team. Len is coaching eleven 3 year olds in the First Pres. League. Let me tell you, it is so funny. Three year olds have a mind of their own at this age and there is nothing you can do to get them to "do" what you want. On any given day, even the sweetest toddler will have a break-down about something. I was worried about Will because the only thing he would do at our first practice was play in the dirt and sit on the bleachers. He actually wanted to play today which suprised me a little. He did kick the ball once and I heard him announce to everyone, "Yea, I did it." He also grabbed the ball with his hands and threw it into the other teams net. I think we need to keep going over the rules. He told us he was going to work really hard at his defense and he did. It was so hot today. Jackson scored two goals and James scored one. We got killed if you are the keep score type. The other team had some serious kiddos that were in it to win. I think they were all 4 and this was their second year to play. Here are a few pics from the game. Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to remember the little things.
Team Huddle before the game. I think Brody was saying a prayer.
Lining up before the game. Will is making sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing. Ha ha
I love this picture. The referee is saying a prayer and Will is in the middle. We are always trying to get him to hold his hands like that and sometimes he will, sometimes he won't.
Fierce Defender
Getting a little instruction from Coach Daddy.
3 comments:
Will did great today! (and so did Len!) It was too funny!
You got some great pictures. Brody had so much fun today. Len is such a wonderful coach!
We hated to miss it! Looking forward to our next practice and game!!!
Post a Comment