Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hair cut dread

I know it's coming soon. I keep putting it off. My baby has a mullet. I never thought I would be a parent that just couldn't let go but I'm having a hard time. We've got to get Will a haircut. If you look back at his baby pictures, he was kind of hurting in the hair department. He's always had the peach fuzz hair and this summer it turned bleach blond so it looked like he was bald. He has finally gotten hair but really it's just in the back and on the sides. I know it has to be done but I want it to be some kind of memorable moment. I want the perfect before and after pictures for his baby book. I want to save his hair to put in an envelope. I'm worried that he won't sit still and his hair will get wacked off. I'm going to start working on the before pictures. Does anyone know of a good place to get a haircut that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I really don't want to pay $25 to get half an inch cut off. I would try to do it myself but I'm afraid I will do some wack job and it won't look right. Hopefully I will force myself to get it done and stop putting it off. I guess we'll see. I will post some pictures when it's done.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey Christine...

I found your blog through Mandi's!

We just went through the hair cut thing. It's so hard to let go! But after it was done it looked so much better! Martha Lynn Crawford did Emery's for next to nothing-I think she does that for all first time haircuts.

Good Luck!

Jennifer said...

Hey Christine,
I was great to hear from you! Will is adorable!! We had to cut Cooper's hair a few months ago and I too had a hard time. Cooper did not have hair for so long, so it was hard to cut what he had worked so hard to grow. I probably would not have cut it, but he had a BAD mullet!!
Anyways Cooper will be 2 the end of May (Yes I was prego at LeighAnn's wedding but I had no idea). Baby #2 is due the middle of July so they will be 26 months apart! I am nervous, but very excited!
Take care and good luck with Will's haricut!

The Hadfields said...

I would never go to Mastercuts myself but that's where I took Sophie and they did great. They have a little "Baby's First Haircut" thing that you can save their hair on. It was really cheap too!! Good luck!!