Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 12-Boy's Room on a Budget

The boys share a room now. They love sleeping together and I think it just makes them feel safe, although Walker has gotten in the habit of crawling in the bed with us every morning around 4 is am. We usually don't even know when, but he just slips right in between us. Don't tell him, but I kind of like it ;). I made the boys these initial pillows out of an old brown shower curtain that I bought at TJ Maxx years ago. I never used it so when I bought my sewing machine, I decided that I could use the fabric to tie in the brown in the quilted bedspread. The pillows are brown on the front and green gingham on the back. I just cut out the letters and sewed them on. I borrowed this idea from a blogger I don't know, but love to read about.
 

 

I found this bed at an old antique store on Highway 72, the route home from my grandparents house. It cost me $10!! I painted it blue and then used a walnut colored glaze to make it look old.
 

My mom and I found this toybox at a garage sale a few years ago. I think it was $5. It was just plain wood and I painted it black and it stayed that way for a few years until I decided to paint it red for the playroom, but somehow it found it's way into the boys room and looks really cute at the end of their bed. It is full of stuffed animals and books.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: