Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 5~Family

DSC_0249
This picture just blows my mind. I can't describe the feeling it gives me in words, but this huge group of people are the result of Jack and Christine Walker's love for each other. They loved each person in this picture with unconditional love and it makes me cry everytime I see it. The memories I have of going to Tuscumbia, the close relationships I still have with my cousins today, and just the strangeness that they are gone from this earth just brings happy and sad tears.

This picture was taken after my dear Nene's funeral. 7 out of 10 of the grandchildren gave the most beautiful tributes to my grandmother I have ever heard. I think about those tributes when I see this picture. I never blogged about my grandparent's deaths (they died within 7 weeks of one another). I'm working on a post about them, just so I will have some of the facts about their childhood, marriage, and life together written down. I might never publish it, but at least I will have it in my archives.

1 comment: