Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sleeping with Sheriff

Will loves his new "Cars" cars so much that he even sleeps with them. I had to take a picture of it. He is now sleeping in his "big boy" bed. He never liked his crib and he has taken naps in the guest room since he was 9 or 10 months old so we decided to go ahead and make the transition. We were rocking him to sleep every night and it was starting to take almost an hour to get him to sleep, and he would be sound asleep and as soon as we laid him down in his crib, he would wake up and scream and cry and then we would rock him more. It was getting exhausting for me and Len so we had to make a change. It has worked out so much better!! We've gotten a good routine with reading a few books, saying our prayers and then we just lay down with him and he falls asleep after a few minutes. His room is a work in progress. I will post pictures of his new room as soon as we get it done. It might be awhile though. I've ordered his bedding and when I get it in we're going to work on the paint color.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

What a sweet picture! I bet it is hard to believe he is getting a big boy room!

Elizabeth said...

Cute picture! We've got to do the big-girl bed thing! It stesses me thinking about the transition not going as well as yours did!

Dee-Dee said...

Cute pictures. He was so cute in church today. I think Beau is going to be a lot like him in personality...

Nancy Hood said...

such a sweet picture! I've begun reading your blogs from Leah Hunt's site. This pic was just too cute not to comment on~

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

i can't believe he's in a big bed!! it's funny. i just blogged about how ethan loves to sleep with his cars too!

Rachel said...

Mc hates her crib too. She naps on a pallet in the floor in her room!