Saturday, January 22, 2011
Day 11-Do family pictures make you crazy?
My sister took this picture over Thanksgiving and yes, I'm lucky enough to have a sister who is a photographer. She always takes shots of my boys and I'm so grateful for everything she's captured, but for some reason whenever we are down in Montgomery, we never get around to going on location to take a family picture. Over Thanksgiving, I was determined to get the perfect Christmas card pic. Will was about the only member of our family that would cooperate for her. It was one of those hectic days. We had to wake up Walker from his nap to get the perfect lighting outside, change his clothes, take away his paci, he was having fits, the ground was muddy, it was freezing outside and the wind was blowing really hard (which made Len and I have fits). We kept having to crouch on the ground and the boys were leaning on us in a way that made our ankles and knees hurt, Len didn't "smile" the way I wanted him too and he squinted and complained. Looking back, I'm pretty sure I'm crazy, because I was SO MAD at him. For.not.smiling.the.way.I.wanted.him.too. It was very dramatic, tears and all. I can't believe I'm even admitting this, but do family pictures do this to your family too?? You just want the perfect shot, but everything seems to go wrong? Well, I completely overreacted~let's blame it on hormones shall we? The funny thing is, we got some of my favorite pictures we've ever had taken as a family and to think of the angry lump in my throat all afternoon after the shoot. Whew, maybe next time I will put things into perspective and just have fun with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I LOVE this pic of him! Let's just call that session a trial run! :-)
Post a Comment