Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 14~Just the 3 of us (for now)

 

This is my life right now. If you are a single mom, you are amazing. I don't know how you do it. My husband is getting his accounting degree and is finishing his last semester. He only had to get 60 hours to add to his regular degree in order to take the CPA, but since he works full time, he has had to do the Adult program which is at night. This semester, he has class on the following nights
Monday
Tuesday
Thursday
Wednesday-Tax Internship
Saturday 9-3-Tax Internship
So we really only get to see him Friday night and Sunday for the next 2 months. Have I mentioned what an involved and great dad he is?
Am I feeling a little sorry for myself? yes
Do I need to tell myself to be a big girl and quit feeling sorry for myself? yes
Walker at this age is just SO PHYSICALLY DRAINING. I have to watch his every move. In the few minutes I've written this, he climbed to the sink, got out paint brushes that were soaking and filled a soup pan to the top and began splashing everything with the paint brush. And I didn't even notice at first.
We are also making some very major family decisions that I don't really want to mention on the blog. It is taking all of my energy to check everything off my "to do" list to get things accomplished and ready to go.
I feel like I am cramming so much into my already crowded brain, that it just isn't working at full speed and I'm not making very wise decisions. I know 8 weeks will go by fast and we will make it. Doesn't help to have a snow day.
Sorry for the complaining. I don't feel like I even have a right to when I think about my friend Sara. It makes me feel bad.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is hilarious. love y'all!

Angie said...

You're right-- makes you feel guilty when you compare it to someone like Sara who is really facing such a scary situation. But it IS overwhelming to be doing so much on your own, and sometimes a little venting helps a girl! :0) I felt like that a lot when Brad was in residency....but I only had one child at the time. Hope all your changes and family decisions go well...and hope you get a little peace and sanity until your 8 weeks is up! :0)

Joni said...

I agree! That's how I feel during basketball and baseball season! Too bad you live so far away. I need a "single mom" to hang out with at night!