Sunday, January 30, 2011
Day 18~One last before/after
This is chair I most recently finished. I wasn't going to do anything with this chair until I found the perfect fabric for my bedroom. It only took 1 yard to do this chair and I have enough leftover for accent pillows for my bed. This one was a little bit harder to match up lining of the fabric, but I'm pretty happy with the finished result. My room is very neutral. I've never even gotten around to doing drapes or any kind of window treatments. This fabric goes perfectly with the rug in my bedroom and coordinates with my robin's egg blueish bathroom.
I just realized that I never did a post on my first sewing project. The faux roman shade from Fly through My Window's blog. It was so hard because it was my first time to sew and I had a hard time getting the folds right and the zig zag fabric to line up correctly. It's still a little crooked and I haven't made it a top priority to take it down and fix it. I got this fabric on sale at Brentwood Interiors for $4 a yard!! I think they had it in the sale section where someone had returned it.
My bedspread is just a neutral silk quilt from PB that I bought several years ago. It was in my guest bedroom, but I got tired of the red in my room and was ready for a change so I just switched it with this one. My bed isn't made so I just took a close up of what it looks like.
I missed yesterday's post. Walker is still sick and I've been so busy trying to get some major things crossed off my "to do" list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Christine,I can not believe all the stuff you have done at your house. I love the chairs and all the stuff you have done to your boys room. I have been wanting to work on my boys room but have not yet done it. Looks great:0)
Seriously?! You did a fab job! LOVE it! You REALLY need to come to my house to help me and give me ideas! You are so incredibly creative!
Hey., I haven't checked your blog in a while. Amazing job on your house projects!!!!! Beautiful!
Post a Comment